Lafayette Interim and Summer Programs
Lafayette offers both winter and May/summer interim off-campus programs to Lafayette students.
- Winter: Programs are offered during the winter term running for 3-4 weeks in January (or between December and January; consult individual program brochure pages for exact dates.).
- May/Summer: Programs are offered during the May session or later in the summer running anywhere from 3-8 weeks (consult individual program brochure pages for exact dates).
- June/July: Program brochures for the following academic year are updated around this time. Please see Programs section below for current program offerings.
- August: Program costs for relevant programs are finalized and posted to the program brochure pages around this time.
- Online registration: Sept. 13, 2018 starting at 7:30am (see important instructions below)
- Online registration closes: September 17, 2018 at 12:00pm
- Registration confirmation and important next steps instructions: Sept. 18, 2018 (by 4:00pm)
- Financial aid notifications: On or near Sept. 21, 2018
- NON-REFUNDABLE Program Deposit due for Winter Interim Programs: September 24, 2018 (some programs may be sooner - please pay attention to program instructions)
- NON-REFUNDABLE Program Deposit due for Summer Interim Programs: two weeks after your registration date or by December 1 (whichever is sooner).
Registration for both winter and May/summer programs is scheduled for early/mid-September (see Important Dates section above for specific information). Registration occurs through the Banner Self-Service system (like registration for any other course) and begins at 7:30am for all students. IMPORTANT NOTE: You will not be able to register if you have any holds on your account. Please resolve any holds well in advance of registration day. Students can find step-by-step registration instructions and information here. You can also find further information below in Important Things to Know About Off-Campus Interim Programs.
Programs close quickly. If you aren't able to get into your course, complete a wait-list application through the study abroad portal. If you would like us to be aware of any special considerations when moving students from the wait-list into the course, please express those in your wait-list application rather than calling or coming to the office.
Winter Interim 2018-19 (Continue to check back as programs will be added through July)
- INDS 128: South China: Development, Contention, and Globalization
- INDS 174: Global Senegal: Alternative Modernities
- INDS 191: The Cuban Revolution and Its Social Impact
- INDS 214: Journey to Rome: Approaching and Exploring the Eternal City
- GEOL 170: Geological & Paleobiological Evolution of Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands
- GERM 101-102/111-112/201-202: German Language and Culture Summer Immersion Program in Bonn, Germany
- INDS 245 & INDS 371: Social and Ethical Aspects of Health Care in the U.S. and U.K.
- INDS 105: Language and Culture: Renaissance Florence
Please note that programs may be subject to cancellation any time for force majeure reasons (including but not limited to: under-enrollment, natural or political crises in the host country, etc.).
Important Things to Know About Off-Campus Interim Programs