Lafayette Interim and Summer Programs
Lafayette offers both winter and May/summer interim off-campus programs to Lafayette students.
- Winter: Programs are offered during the winter term running for 3-4 weeks in January (or between December and January; consult individual program brochure pages for exact dates).
- May/Summer: Programs are offered during the May session or later in the summer running anywhere from 3-8 weeks (consult individual program brochure pages for exact dates).
- July: Program brochures for the following academic year are updated around this time. Please see Programs section below for current program offerings.
- August: Program costs for relevant programs are finalized and posted to the program brochure pages around this time.
- Online registration for winter 2020 & summer 2020: Sept. 10, 2019 starting at 7:30am (see important instructions below)
- Online registration closes: September 13, 2019 at 12:00pm
- Registration confirmation and important next steps instructions: Sept. 14, 2019 (end of day)
- Financial aid notifications: On or near Sept. 20, 2019
- NON-REFUNDABLE Program Deposit due for Winter Interim Programs: September 24, 2019 (some programs may be sooner - please pay attention to program instructions)
- NON-REFUNDABLE Program Deposit due for Summer Interim Programs: two weeks after your registration date or by December 1 (whichever is sooner).
Registration for both winter and May/summer programs is scheduled for early/mid-September (see Important Dates section above for specific information). Registration occurs through the Banner Self-Service system (like registration for any other course) and begins at 7:30am for all students. IMPORTANT NOTE: You will not be able to register if you have any holds on your account. Please resolve any holds well in advance of registration day. Students can find step-by-step registration instructions and information here. You can also find further information below in Important Things to Know About Off-Campus Interim Programs.
Program registration occurs on a first-come first-serve basis. Programs close quickly. If you aren't able to get into your course, complete a wait-list application through the study abroad portal. NOTE: You will not be considered for the wait-list for one program, if you are registered for another. If you would like us to be aware of any special considerations when moving students from the wait-list into the course, please express those in your wait-list application rather than contacting IOCE.
Students who do not get into a program are invited to research External Summer and Winter Interim Programs.
- INDS 184: South Africa's Past and Present: History, Social Justice, and Post-Apartheid Futures
- ENG 280: London and Dublin Theater
- GEOL 150: The Geological Evolution of the Hawaiian Islands
- GERM 101-102/111-112/201-202: German Language and Culture Summer Immersion Program in Bonn, Germany
- INDS 224: Greek Stories/Stories about Greece
- GEOL 160: Geology from A(Arches) to Z(Zion): The Geology of National Parks in the Western United States
Please note that programs may be subject to cancellation any time for force majeure reasons (including but not limited to: under-enrollment, natural or political crises in the host country, etc.).
Please read this important information about 2019/20 Financial Aid for interim and summer programs.Financial Aid and Off Campus Programs handout 2019.pdf
Important Things to Know About Off-Campus Interim Programs