Interim Off-Campus Programs
Interim sessions during which off-campus programs are offered are as follows:
January: Programs are offered during the winter term running for three-four weeks in January (or between December and January).
May/Summer: Programs are offered during the May session or later in the summer (consult the individual program brochures for exact dates).
Registration for both sessions is scheduled within the first 2 weeks of school in September and is done via Banner self-serve (like registration for any other course) starting at 7:30am on the scheduled date.
Information about interim programs for the following academic year is typically posted on this website around mid-June (only the list of programs, no program cost yet, is available at that time). Individual program brochures will be updated throughout the summer as new information becomes available. Program costs, complete itineraries, and final course syllabi will be posted by mid-August, and this information will also be emailed to all students in mid-August.
All interim courses are credit-bearing. Most interim courses are coded in the course catalog as fulfilling some requirements (e.g., Common Course of Study requirements such as GM1, GM2, LANG, SS, H, NS, etc.; and/or interdisciplinary program requirements such as Asian Studies, Classical Civilizations, etc.). That information can be found on the Banner catalog, or on the program brochures displayed on this site. Should there be any discrepancy between the official Banner Catalog and a program brochure, please contact the Registrar's Office and/or the Office of International and Off-campus Education for further information.
Following is the list of Off-Campus Interim courses that are planned for January and May/Summer Interim 2017.Important deadlines for ALL interim off-campus programs:
- Online registration: Sept. 13, 2016 starting at 7:30am
- Registration confirmation: Sept. 16, 2016 (by 4:00pm)
- Withdrawal with no penalty: October 7, 2016 for January programs; November 13, 2016 for May/summer programs
- INDS 191: The Cuban Revolution and Its Social Impact: Focus on Healthcare and the Arts
- INDS 174: Global Senegal: Alternative Modernities
- INDS 127: Rock, Landform, Water: New Zealand
- INDS 170: Modern Sub-Saharan Africa: Tanzania
- INDS 214: Rome, the Eternal City: Approaches and Explorations
- GEOL 170: Geological & Paleobiological Evolution of Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands
- INDS 245 & INDS 371: Social and Ethical Aspects of Healthcare in the UK and US
- GEOL 180: Iceland: Geology and Natural History of a Young Island
- GERM 101-102/111-112/201-202: German Language and Culture Summer Immersion Program in Bonn, Germany
For important step-by-step registration information, click on this PDF file. We advise that you carry this sheet with you the day of Banner registration.
Important Things to Know About Off-campus Interim Programs